- ABB and industry partners to develop Hydrogen One, an ultra-low emission long-range towboat able to run for multiple days between fuelings
- Groundbreaking project is also a U.S. first for a fuel cell powered towboat, representing a major milestone in advancing environmentally friendly workboat operations in the U.S. and beyond
Alfa Laval and Orcan Energy have signed a cooperation agreement regarding sales of marine energy efficiency solutions based on Orcan’s Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) technology.
Tokyo – Leading Classification Society ClassNK has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cybersecurity with the Panama Maritime Authority (PMA).
- ABB Ability™ OneBox – Marine Signals Monitoring offers shipowners a new point of entry to digitalization, providing data about ship performance to improve efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and cut emissions
- A cost-efficient solution to transforming decision-making onboard, OneBox is scalable and compatible with any data analysis platform
Leading Classification Society ClassNK has obtained the certification of ISO27001*, which is an international standard on information security management, from Japan Quality Assurance Organization (JQA) on 12 November 2021. The certification by the third-party demonstrates that ClassNK Information Technology Department secures and manages information of clients in accordance with ISO27001.
ACR Electronics has won a DAME Design Award in the ‘Life Saving and Safety Equipment’ category for its ResQLink View RLS personal locator beacon at this year’s METSTRADE in Amsterdam.
Rolls-Royce and cellcentric, a joint venture company set up by Daimler Truck AG and Volvo Group AB, are taking the next step in their strategic cooperation for the deployment of cellcentric hydrogen fuel cell modules. Rolls-Royce, through its Power Systems business unit, is to develop complete mtu hydrogen fuel cell solutions based on cellcentric’s fuel cell modules that emit nothing other than water vapour.
Leading Classification Society ClassNK has granted Cyber Resilience-Guideline (CybR-G) notation to TATESHINA, an oil tanker built by Nantong COSCO KHI Ship Engineering Co., Ltd.(NACKS) for NYK Line. CybR-G notation represents that the ship design has incorporated cyber security measures in accordance with ClassNK’s “Guidelines for Designing Cyber Security Onboard Ships”, and that it is feasible for ship operation considering cyber security.
Argeo AS, a survey and inspection company focused on subsea data acquisition and visualisation, has selected Eelume’s autonomous ‘snake robot’ to assist in their operations in the first commercial contract to be signed for this innovative technology. Eelume’s advanced robotic solutions have been developed with the assistance of Kongsberg Maritime, who remain a majority shareholder in the venture.
In a ceremony held in the Port of Hamburg, Damen handed over twin Fire-Fighting vessels to Flotte Hamburg, a subsidiary of the Hamburg Port Authority (HPA) tasked with implementing low-emission shipping in the city. With 315 kWh of battery capacity, the state-of-the-art, plug-in hybrid vessels are capable of extended, fully-electric, emissions-free operations in and around the Port of Hamburg.
Simplicity lays the groundwork for reliability in the Alfa Laval Gas Combustion Unit (GCU), which has long set the standard for boil-off combustion on LNG carriers (LNGCs). Through design enhancements and connectivity, Alfa Laval has taken the GCU’s original simplicity and made it even smarter in the new GCU 2.0.
- Partnership to offer optimization as shipowners opt for engine power limitations to meet International Maritime Organization’s EEXI and CII emission reduction requirements
- Joint service offering with leading engine solution provider endorses ABB Turbocharging retrofit and optimization capabilities
- ABB Ability™ Tekomar XPERT engine diagnostics and advisory to help customers continue to operate efficiently and minimize emissions
Fischer Panda UK has introduced a new e-store to expedite and simplify the purchase of approved service kits, spares and accessories for customers and partners.
- Sunrise Wind will support New York’s goal of 100 percent clean electricity by 2040
- Green energy for nearly 600 000 homes in New York State
- First offshore HVDC grid connection project in the U.S, deploying a technology that will reduce transmission losses over long distances
Damen Maaskant Shipyards Stellendam has successfully delivered a 38-metre Beam Trawler to Belgium-based Rederij Long Ships. A special ceremony took place on the quayside of the appropriately named ‘Beam Trawler street’, in front of the Flemish Fish Auction in Zeebrugge. During the naming ceremony the new vessel was christened Z91 Franson by godparents Shirley Cattoor and Chris Cocquyt.