Istanbul-based Sanmar Shipyards and the German propulsion expert SCHOTTEL have signed a second framework agreement. It makes SCHOTTEL the exclusive supplier of thrusters for the upgraded Robert Allan tug design of the Sirapinar class which is now able to deliver up to 60 tons of bollard pull.
Tokyo – Leading Classification Society ClassNK will calculate the CO2 emissions from the ships to be financed under the Sustainability-Linked Loan provided by ORIX Corporation (ORIX).
A customised Damen Cutter Suction Dredger 450 has been delivered to the Russian Arctic region on time, despite a very tight schedule and the extremely remote location. The new CSD has to perform various capital dredging projects within the ice-free, short time window available.
- “Billions of better decisions” highlights the role of Industrial IoT solutions in reaching sustainability goals while empowering the industrial workforce
- International survey of 765 decision-makers reveals that while 96 percent believe digitalization is “essential to sustainability,” just 35 percent have implemented Industrial IoT solutions at scale
PSA Marine Peru, a wholly owned subsidiary of PSA Marine (Pte) Ltd, has contracted Cheoy Lee Shipyards in Hongkong for equipping one newly built tug with SCHOTTEL RudderPropellers featuring the patented SYDRIVE-M technology.
London UK – February 8th 2022 – The organisers of Oceanology International (Oi), RX Global, have confirmed that the Oi 2022 event (ExCel London, March 15-17 2022) is perfectly positioned to capitalise on the opening up of business-to-business events in spring 2022.
- ABB secures order of around $27 million to supply Eneti’s two newbuild vessels with advanced power, automation and control systems for improved safety and performance
- The vessels will support a fast-growing offshore wind market, in line with Eneti’s focus to build a meaningful and sustainable business in marine-based renewable energy
The second vessel of Damen’s new Marine Aggregate Dredger (MAD) 3500 class has now completed her sea trials. As of January 2022, she has entered service with her owner, Hanson UK, a leading supplier of building materials to the UK market, replacing an obsolete vessel.
Spay, 2 February 2022 – Digital products and services open up numerous possibilities for optimizing ship operations. The German propulsion expert SCHOTTEL presents new solutions, helping operators to demand the full potential of their vessels.
- Repeated success: Seventh HL-class gas turbine order from South Korea
- Most competitive power island solution for 571-MW Eumseong Unit 1 based on HL-class technology
- Reduced CO2 emissions and environmental impact will support South Korea’s new Energy Polic
In the first quarter of 2022, MV Moorea and MV Messina, Universe Shipping's two new inland tankers with a shallow water design by RensenDriessen Shipbuilding, will enter service. Both ships are equipped with a familiar system that has recently been re-emerging: the retractable RMS 2000 V, the active rotor manoeuvring system from Damen Marine Components.
- Turbo Insights delivers turbocharger performance analysis for two-stroke engines from newbuilding stage onwards, starting at running hour zero.
- It will demonstrate with data that the turbocharger is working as promised and as expected during sea trial, till end of warranty and throughout its lifecycle.
Leading Classification Society ClassNK has issued an Approval in Principle (AiP) for the design of an ammonia-fueled Panamax bulk carrier developed by Planning and Design Center for Greener Ships (GSC).
The German propulsion expert SCHOTTEL has been selected to supply main and auxiliary propulsion systems for an 8,000 cbm LNG bunkering vessel. Currently under construction at Chinese Nantong CIMC Sinopacific Offshore and Engineering shipyard, it is the first LNG bunkering vessel ordered by Italy-based shipping group Fratelli Cosulich.
Damen Marine Components (DMC) has been awarded the contract for Optima nozzles, plug & play Piston-type steering gear and TIMON flap rudders for four coasters being built by Thecla Bodewes Shipyards (TB Shipyards). What is special is that the steering gear for these ships will be supplied plug-and-play, which saves a lot of time during the final installation on board.