Address: Office address: Veritasveien 1, Høvik, Norway / Postal address: P.O.Box 300, 1322 Høvik, Norway
Phone: +47 6757 9900
[ Visit company's homepage ]
Last modified: 2016-06-28
Company press releases
DNV GL Group (DNV): The merger between DNV and GL is now approved and the new company is operational from September 12, 2013.
DNV GL creates the world’s leading ship and offshore classification society and a world-leader of independent assurance and expert advisory services following the merger clearance by competition authorities.
DNV GL is:
• the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society and a recognised advisor for the maritime industry
• a world-leading independent provider of risk management, technical advisory and technical assurance services to the upstream oil & gas industry
• a world-leading provider of testing, certification and advisory services to companies in the electrical power value chain
• a world-leading provider of software for managing risk and improving asset performance in the energy, process and maritime industry
• and one of the leading certification bodies in the world
The merging companies both present leading market positions, complementary commercial strengths and an acknowledged reputation for premium quality and integrity. DNV GL comprises about 16.000 employees across 300 sites in more than 100 countries with revenues of EUR 2,500 million.